Reflexology - A natural healing art, based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, glands and organs of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes without the use of tools, crèmes or lotions, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body.Reflexology, or zone therapy, is an alternative medicine involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet, hands, or ears with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body.
An extensive and detailed course covering history, anatomy, consultations, benefits, treatments, and after-care.
- Lesson 1 Provides introduction to reflexology
- Lesson 2 Holistic approach to health and wellbeing, Nutrition and how Reflexology works.
- Lesson 3 Anatomy of the foot, hand and body. Learning review of part 1
Part 2 - Introduces you to the body systems and their principle organs by way of diagrams.
- Lesson 4 Learn part 1 of the body systems (lymphatic, immune, endocrine systems, circularly & digestive system)
- Lesson 5 Learn part 2 of the body systems ( nervous, respiratory, urinary and the reproductive system)
- Lesson 6 Preparation for a treatment. Preparing your therapy room, yourself and your clients. This lesson covers a large selection of various treatments including children and the elderly, plus clients on medication. Learning review.
Part 3 - In this final part you will learn about the reflex areas and points.
- Lesson 7 How to apply an effective foot reflexology treatment
- Lesson 8 This lesson will show you the four powerful reflexology techniques that will help you to access all the reflex points
- Lesson 9 The benefits of hand reflexology and treatment positions, how to use the treatments, reading reflexes in the hands, closing treatment and aftercare.
This course includes your exam – Your exam has approx. 25 questions including multiple choice and you will be expected to complete a minimum of 1000 word case study. The case study will help consolidate your learning and will be marked as part of your exam. You can also visit the Student Library which offers videos and practical tips that will be helpful to you during your studies.
Once you have submitted your exam you will be notified of your results within 7 working days. On successful completion of your exam you will receive your diploma or certificate as an attachment for you to print off at home. Please see our qualification page if you wish to upgrade to a hard copy.
All SLS courses are accredited internationally and holistic therapy is studied world wide, We have students from all over the world whom are now working as successful therapists after training with the School of Life Studies. We are a recognized course provider with the IPHM in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US and the UK and World Wide. The School of Life Studies are also accredited course providers with the IICT
NB: Your diploma will be sent to your email address on successful completion of the exam via PDF which you may print off at home.